Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Guest Non-Book

Staying true to our vintage inspired theme, we wanted to do something fun for our guest book.  We both really loved the idea of having our guests sign a bench or furniture item that would be displayed in our future home, but due to the whole transportation aspect, and the not knowing what said future home would look like, that got scrapped.

My darling future husband stumbled across some great ideas, my favorite being the mailbox and postcards.  The idea is that the postcards would be sent to the couple while their on their honeymoon, so that when they get home they would have a mailbox full of love. =)  This isn't necessarily practical, but we did like the idea.

We're going to find a mailbox that is either vintage, or that we can gussy up and personalize which will hold the postcards.  I found some great images online of old machines and gadgets from the early 1900s to the 1930s which will be the front of our postcards, and I got a vintage postcard stamp, which we will use on the back.

Guests can then write brief notes or give advice to the newly weds and "mail" their postcard by putting it in the mailbox.  I will think of something cool to do with the postcards later on.  Maybe little flip books or something.  Anyhoo, I stumbled across these images on Calder Clark's website today, and it gave me some great display ideas, so I wanted to share:




It looks like so much fun! Finding old library drawers is such a great idea.  I can't wait to see of other ways we can display our guest "book."  That's all for now, just wanted to share a little something since today the highly anticipated 200 day mark. yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment