Saturday, June 4, 2011

1930s Vintage Romance meets The Secret Garden... aka the Sepulveda Home

Can't stop thinking about our reception venue today! I have lots of wedding plans in the works and made lots of decisions (in concept) this week.  One of the main ones is the feel I want our invitations to have, and one phrase that keeps resonating in my mind is "the secret garden".

Ultimately, Will and I want nod towards the 1930s era.  This doesn't mean that everything has to be cookie-cutter 1930s, and I am taking liberties with how strict we are following this time period.  So instead of saying "art deco" (because anything not art deco would suddenly be "wrong") I am now saying "vintage romance."

Can you think of two phrases that go more perfectly together, or explain our wedding reception venue any more perfectly???? Yes, it's risky planning an outdoor wedding in April, but its a risk I'm willing to take.  From the chandelier in the trees to the bridge over the stream and the HUGE outdoor brick fireplace.  There's something so special about this venue.  Everywhere you look there's something to take your breath away, and you can't help but think of romance with all the beauty that surrounds you.

So, even though I may be fudging our time period in places, I have earned the right to say that my wedding is a 1930s vintage romance meets secret garden theme.  Once you see our invites you'll see why "secret" is an appropriate word to use.  There are so many mysteries that can be discovered and unlocked in a garden... and as our guests step up the stone stairs, past the ivy covered walls (and with a little wedding magic to help their little trip through time), to lay their eyes on the venue for the very first time.  If all of our details come together like I think they're going to, I think people will fall in love just as quickly as we did!

And while pictures don't do it any justice, here's a little taste of what's in store for April 14, 2012.





I am sooooo ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment