Friday, July 8, 2011

I Spy, With My Little Eye, Something AMAZING!

I was searching the usual wedding inspiration sites yesterday, and was so so excited when I stumbled across something called the "I Spy" Project. [www.weddingbee.com]

Essentially its a fun way to give your guests an idea of the sorts of pictures that you would like them to take. Also, you can turn it into a game, with a little gift for the "winner" aka person who takes the most pictures from the list.

I love it for the sheer adorableness of the design aesthetic. Practically, I wanted to leave a few disposable cameras lying around and since I have photosharing cards, and so many people (1) forget their cameras; (2) don't charge their batteries; (3) may not be inclined to upload their photos, this gives them a way to participate!

It was a really easy DIY. Probably 2 - 3 hours (mostly because I formatted it in one program and then had to start all over again in Powerpoint). After I made two shortened lists from my master list (of the types of pictures I wanted), I downloaded about 10 fun fonts from dafont.com and started playing around with colors, fonts and sizes.

After I was finally satisfied with how it was looked, I uploaded the image onto vistaprint (using free uploads and 50 free rack cards; which means the total of these is less then $.07 a card!!!!) and was all set!

I can't wait to share these with everybody, I am really really happy with the result!

Ta-Da!!! Are any of you excited as I am to see how people interpret these? I totally see somebody taking a picture of a little kid passed out as "someone having lots of fun" lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment