Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Does Everybody Know What Time It Is?
As has become a bit of a tradition (really... does two consecutive months in a row make a tradition???) it's time for a quick recap of all the amazing progress made in the last 31 days, annnnd a look ahead. Are you ready for this? I went nuts last month!
- Guest List Finalized (and of course we are over our cap!)
- Address compilation (completed except for 4!)
- STDs ordered and 40 out of 75 envelopes have been addressed, stuffed and sealed.
- BM dresses finalized and 3 outta 6 were ordered, I know 2 have even been received, yay!
- Honeymoon destination reselected; itinerary set up; flights arranged; initial deposit paid.
- Brooch Bouquet (huge PITA and success): rest of brooches ordered; backs wired - talk about a marathon...but I digress; bouquet assembled and secured ready for final touches.
- Brooch Bouts: Separated into groups, need to glue and secure (Hubby to be's alll done!)
- Veil supplies purchased and design selected
- My "H" for the Generations of Love set up has been painted and is all but finished.
- Ceremony music and order selected; with exception of actual mass music
- Further planning for Ring Warming - love locks and letters in the chest (more on this later!)
- Initial research into "Guest Book": bench v. vintage postcards and special mailbox v. typewriter v. memory book
- Deposits paid for both the DJ and cocktail and dinner time entertainer.
- Figured out Favors and ordered (and received) hex jars!
- Lots of work on Shoes (and more stones ordered)!
- Supplies purchased for envelope liners... way in advanced.
- Set up block of rooms @ Crowne Plaza (albeit a very small block, c'est la vie).
- Ordered add'l gifts for BM Ash
- Table names selected
- Research into Alcohol quantities started
For Next Month (aka the HYDRA):
- Set up Final Pre-Marriage Counseling session; pick date/location and reserve space
- Finish Brooch Bouquet and Bouts
- Set up appointment w/ MUA (figure out if she's still "In")
- Finalize plan for guest book...
- Start gathering lots of money! (deposits become due in October... *gulp*)... HEY! I think this is a valid item
- Send out STDs (figure out postage/hand-cancelling issues)
- Finalize registries
- Try and finish Shoes.
- Figure out overall look/concept for Invitation Suite
- Finish up BM bags and give out the rest (and find a box to send BM J's).
- Figure out contents/items to purchase for OOT bags (and how this will work)
- Work on a Plan B for the Baker situation, just in case.
- Are we doing E-Pics? If so... this show needs to get on the road.
- Start thinking about ordering Invites (find out cost and see if this will have to wait a bit).
- Finalize Menu
- Determine whether centerpieces will need to be bolstered and how.
- Table Names - concept?
Man 'o Man... they just keep comin' don't they? Sadly I know I've forgotten some stuff from each list, but it's alright, not like there's a shortage of things to do now is there?!?!?!
Stay tuned my darlings, I have a feeling things are about to get interesting!