Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2 month sprint begins!

Today is the official 2 month mark until the best day ever.  The funny thing is, I've been saying 2 months (actually I've been going by days ever since we hit double digits) for like the last two weeks.  The fact of the matter is that as soon as today is over, in my head we're looking at a month and half, and then when the first rolls around my brain is thinking its a month.  There's this weird backwards timewarp where you start rounding down instead of up as you get closer to the official day.

It's complete insanity.  Things are really flying by and I can hardly keep up with everything.  It's all so surreal.   I'm finally at the part I've been looking forward to for the last 16 months, and it doesn't feel like it at all.  I even had an impromptu/surprise bridal shower from a few family members a couple weeks ago, and I get to pick up my now altered and bustled dress tomorrow, and It still doesn't feel real yet, despite those two very exciting milestones.

My official bridal shower will be a week from Sunday, and then our final marriage prep retreat/precana/whateveryoucallit is the following weekend, and then just two weeks later its time to pick up our marriage licenses and go to Vegas to celebrate the close of the single chapter of our lives.  Then there are only 3 weeks (and I really think weekends, because who gets anything done after an 8 hour work day?) so with that logic, it's only like 6 days before the wedding.

You think with that weird timewarp counting, things would feel a little more... finished? close? upon us?  But they don't.  I wonder when that feeling will finally hit?  Any guesses?

Also, as a little present before I leave you (and since I abandoned you so you missed out... and because I worked so gosh dang hard on them) here are my cute little countdowns for months 3 and 4.



=)  

No comments:

Post a Comment